Canada Summer Jobs 2020 - now open
1) Assistant Property Manager
2) Office Assistant.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Asst. Property Manager will assist Daybreak staff with various property and administrative tasks including:
1)House inspections for health and safety
2)House inspections for repairs; assisting in the bidding procedures for contractors and overseeing any contractor related work taking place on the properties
3) Painting, decorating, minor plumbing, cleaning, preparing rooms etc
4) Assisting in welcoming new residents to the house and their room by taking them through an orientation procedure; assisting in the assessment, interview and lease signing stages
5) Collecting money from the on site laundry machines
6) Assisting in the organization of basic programming for the residents
7) Fix, maintain minor issues in rooms as they occur
8) Organize key inventory, purchase keys when necessary
9) Basic gardening, lawn cutting, trimming; garbage disposal of unwanted or now obsolete items
10) Delivering supplies of dish soap/cleaning supplies to all houses when required
11) Assist in planning and on-site coordination of activities; preparation of notice of entry, no trespass and lease violations etc.
Language required for job: English
The Office Assistant will assist Daybreak staff in the following duties:
1) Daily update of Daybreak's SharePoint page
2) Complete reports on incidents involving our residents
3) Assist in rental income verification and bank deposits
4) Assist in the intake process of all new residents to include, initial screening; reference checks; income verification, residency agreement preparations, interview and assessments
5) Update Daybreak's social media sites to include facebook, twitter, website
6) Filing and ancient record destruction
7) Key inventory review
8) Assisting in the organization of basic programming for the residents
9) Assist in house meetings, meetings with outside agencies
10) Preparation of quarterly newsletter/donor thank you letters
11) Assist in any fund raising events, AGM etc.
Language required for job: English and French desirable.
Hours 30 per week x 9 weeks
$14.50 per hour
Please forward resume and cover letter to